Interested in organizing in your community around Ontario’s Social Assistance Review this summer?
Not sure where to begin or want some support? You’re not alone!
That’s why the ODSP Action Coalition, with support from the Income Security Advocacy Centre (ISAC) and the Schizophrenia Society of Ontario, has developed a Facilitator’s Guide for a workshop on the Social Assistance Review.
And we’re sharing it with YOU!
If you’re a community leader or working at a community-based organization – and you’re planning to organize a discussion about the Review – you may find our facilitator’s guide a very valuable tool.
Here’s the Facilitator’s Guide:
- Social Assistance Review – Getting What You Want Out Of The Social Assistance Review – Workshop Facilitators Guide – 2011
- Le Guide danimation
To facilitate the workshop, you will need to download the following documents:
- PowerPoint - Effective Advocacy Presentation
- Discussion Question - Social Assistance Rules
- Discussion Questions - Employment Supports
- Discussion Questions - Money
- Activity Sheet - One change
- Activity Sheet - Effective Advocacy
- Handout - Effective Advocacy Slides
- Commissions Discussion Paper
These are documents that you can use and/or provide to workshop participants:
- Flyer - Workshop Flyer Template
- Membership Form - ODSP Action Coalition
- Info Sheet - Effective Advocacy Tips
- Info Sheet - Participating in the Social Assistance Review
- Info Sheet - Information about ODSPAC-ISAC-SSO
In preparing to facilitate the workshop and when writing your workshop report, you may find some of the following materials helpful:
- ODSP Action Coalition Submission to the Commission
- Backgrounder - Overview and Analysis for the Workshop
- Welfare to Work Models
- ISAC: Principles Behind Poverty Reduction
- Analysis of Commission Discussion Paper
- Responding to the Review of Social Assistance
And, when you’re sending your workshop report to the Commission, be sure to send a copy to the ODSP Action Coalition at email@example.com.