Community Legal Clinics
ISAC works in close partnership with community legal clinics across Ontario.
Local community-based clinics have specific catchment areas and provide legal services to Ontarians with low incomes. Specialty clinics, like ISAC, work in a number of areas or law and/or for various constituent groups.
- Click here to find your local legal clinic
- Click here for more information about community legal clinics
For public legal information:
- Your Legal Rights is a website of legal information for people in Ontario. This site has free, practical, and easy-to-find legal information produced by hundreds of organizations across Ontario.
- Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO) is a specialty legal clinic that provides a number of resources and publications in various topic areas. CLEO operates Your Legal Rights and runs other projects, including other online legal information sites.
We also work in partnership with other groups and organizations that do anti-poverty and income security work in Ontario, including:
ODSP Action Coalition
ISAC staff participate on the Coalition’s Steering Committee, Public Awareness & Advocacy Committee and Policy & Research Committee
Ontario Campaign 2000
ISAC staff are on the Steering Committee of Ontario Campaign 2000 and participate in regular Partner meetings
Ontario Project for Interclinic Community Organizing (OPICCO)
ISAC staff are on the Steering Committee of OPICCO
25 in 5 Network for Poverty Reduction
ISAC staff contribute to 25in5 through activity on its Steering and Convening committees, and through communications and advocacy work
Low Income Energy Network (LIEN)
ISAC staff are on the Steering Committee of LIEN
Other Related Groups
We often partner with or rely on the expertise of groups like:
- Canada Without Poverty
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA) – Ontario Office
- Community Legal Assistance Society – BC
- $15 and Fairness: Raise the Minimum Wage
- Good Jobs for All Coalition
- Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants (OCASI)
- Poverty Free Ontario
- Put Food in the Budget
- Social Planning Network of Ontario
- Wellesley Institute
- Workers Action Centre