Apply before May 17, 2021– Funding for Children, Youth and Students
The Ontario government is providing financial support to families in Ontario with learners to help with additional costs during the COVID-19 pandemic, through a benefit called the Ontario COVID-19 Child Benefit. This funding is in addition to the Support for Learners Program that was previously provided earlier this year. Please see below for information about eligibility and how to apply.
Parents and guardians, as well as secondary students aged 18 or over, may be eligible for a payment of:
• $400 for each person in Grade 12
• $500 for each person up to age 21 with special needs.
A person with special needs is:
• any person reported to be receiving special education programs or services by their school board
• any person enrolled in licensed child care reported to be receiving special needs funding or support
• any person identified as having a special need
You need the following the information to apply:
• the name of their school or school board (if applicable)
• their date of birth
• their nine-digit Ontario Education Number (this can be found from your child’s Ontario report card, located at the top)
• a valid email address
• your banking information (bank name, branch or transit number and account number)
• if you do not have a bank account and cannot accept payment by e-transfer, you may submit a request for a cheque.
To avoid potential problems in getting this benefit, please ensure that the spelling for children’s names in the application match the spelling of children’s names in their school records.
You must fill out and submit one application per child/youth or student to receive funding.
Click here to apply before May 17, 2021: Apply for Ontario COVID-19 Child Benefit
Do not apply if you received an email about an automatic payment for your child (because you had previously received a payment through the Support for Learners program).
For assistance or questions regarding this application, contact the Ontario COVID-19 Child Benefit helpline at 1-888-444-3770.