We do not provide legal services to individuals. If you require legal advice or assistance, please contact your local community legal clinic. You can find out which legal clinic serves your community at the Legal Aid Ontario website.
Please Note: In light of the ongoing spread of the novel Corona virus (COVID-19), personnel shortage and continuing state of emergency in the province of Ontario, ISAC advises as follows:
• We are continuing to assist current clients (co-counseling with other clinics) via telephone and email. We acknowledge that this may result in longer than ordinary response times.
• At the moment, the clinic remains open in a very limited capacity. Managers will be coming in on an occasional basis and staff will be working remotely until further notice.
• We will continue to provide summary advice (or brief services) to our colleagues within the legal aid clinic system. Given a reduced staff complement, inquiries will be triaged and may involve longer than usual response times or referral to experienced counsel outside ISAC.
• We will continue to take on appellate work based on a case by case assessment of timelines and our staffing capacity over the next 3 months.
• We have suspended all suspended all in-person public legal education and outreach activities.
• As we do not provide legal services to the general public, individuals who require legal advice or assistance will be re-directed to their local community legal clinic. Individuals can find out which legal clinic serves their community at the Legal Aid Ontario website.
• Please continue to send emails to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to respond in a timely manner.
Income Security Advocacy Centre
1500 – 55 University Avenue
Toronto, ON M5J 2H7
Tel: (416) 597-5820
Toll Free: 1-866-245-4072
Fax: (416) 597-5821